We finished round 185 at his old dose of 50mg of ALA. After the experience with the dose increase on round 184, I decided we need to do a few more rounds at 50mg before we try the increase again. I have never been one for pushing dose increases if it made the child more uncomfortable because often times you need to sort out what will help those symptoms so they can be comfortable instead. Do I need more antioxidants? Do I need to just do a few more rounds at the current dose before raising again? Are the adrenals supported well enough? Is my child sleeping well?
Since I have been at this so long in our own case I know it’s a matter or we need to wait a bit longer at the current dose and then try it again.
I have no gains to report this time either but we don’t seem to have “gains” anymore in the sense that you do early on because most of those ASD symptoms are gone. What we generally see is just a happier child. He just seems more himself on rounds. We are at a point where we’re are on the tail end of mercury removal and huge gains have already come. So it’s important to remind ourselves there is still a reason to continue chelating. That mercury is not all out yet!
This round was otherwise better than the last. He did not experience the symptoms he did at the higher dose. Something to always remember is pushing the doses up higher to try to “do more faster” is not always going to work because the goal is to be comfortable if possible when chelating.
I won’t even get into how tired I am after this round….I did not get a lot of sleep, since I had trouble falling back to sleep after waking at night. On a good note though I did complete round 125 with little to no symptoms other than the tiredness associated with sleep disruption. (200mg which is above the 1mg per pound limit for adults but at this point it’s necessary to “prove” if mercury is actually still a problem for me)